February 18, 2005

Feb 18, 2005

Feb 18, 2005 The First Friday of Lent Ezekiel 18:21-23
But if the wicked man renounces all the sins he has committed,
respects my laws and is law-abiding and honest, he will certainly live; he will not die.
All the sins he committed will be forgotten from then on; he shall live because of the integrity he has practiced. What! Am I likely to take pleasure in the death of a wicked man-it is the Lord Yahweh who speaks-and not prefer to see him renounce his wickedness and live?

Again a reading in Lent about returning to God. God takes delight in those who love Him and follow His ways. I suppose the hard part for me at times is to sort out if what I am doing is mistaken and false or true and faithful. The waters of this discernment can be muddy. The time of prayer and lectio and walking with God in nature in silence help me to more clearly see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home