November 27, 2005

Nov 27 2005 First Day Year B Advent

Mk 13:33-37
Jesus said to his disciples: (Be watchful! Be alert! You do not know when the time will come. It is like a man traveling abroad. He leaves home and places his servants in charge, each with his own work, and orders the gatekeeper to be on the watch. Watch, therefore; you do not know when the Lord of the house is coming, whether in the evening, or at midnight,
or at cockcrow, or in the morning. May he not come suddenly and find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to all: (Watch!)
St Benedict in the Rule teaches to stay alert and watchful, ready for God at any time. It is so easy to relax, become complacent in a routine. No one nows the time or place for our final meeting with God. It takes being ready to go to God at any point in our lives. If right now was my time, am I truly ready? No. I have work to do more turning to God and away from petty worldly concerns. I have more letting go of old injuries to do. I have more giving and charity to act on. I have more acts of true mercy to perform. I have more time to walk in silence with God needed yet.

I pray that this advent is a time that is truly fruitful in increasing the depth of conversion in my personal relationship with Jesus as my way and salvation. I seek more understanding and love for my neighbor. I seek more strength and perservance in the life as a Religious Sister. I seek a heart more filled with giving and loving. This morning I pray for the Holy Spirit to be with my prayers and contemplative sitting with God this day.