March 04, 2006

march 5 2006

Mk 1:12-15
The Spirit drove Jesus out into the desert, and he remained in the desert for forty days,
tempted by Satan. He was among wild beasts,and the angels ministered to him.

After John had been arrested, Jesus came to Galilee proclaiming the gospel of God:
“This is the time of fulfillment. The kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”


The days of Lent are so much the days of the desert.
The time that Jesus was tempted by Satan. The desert a time of testing. The desert a time of lacking food and water. The desert a time away from the crowds. The desert a time to find out who I truly am. The desert is the lack of society and culture. The desert is truly just the wilderness. The message of John the Baptist "Repent and believe in the gospel" is an interesing beginning of when the ashes are placed and what is the gospel..the Word of God and Jesus the Word made flesh. How am I hearing and seeing and living the Word of God? I pray for the Spirit to truly listen to the gospel with all that I am and that my life be a witness to the gospel in all that I do